Be a Vehicle of Change: Contest Details & Official Rules
- Download the Official Rules here, or read on for Contest Details.
- In order to be considered for the Be a Vehicle of Change program, one must apply (i.e. nominate oneself) or be nominated by another person.
- Selection of semi-finalists, finalists, and winners will be determined by NationSwell and Toyota – or a panel of judges designated by NationSwell and Toyota – whose decisions in all regards will be in their sole discretion and will be final and binding.
- In order to stay in the running to become a finalist or winner, semi-finalists are required to partake in phone interviews (sometimes called “pre-interviews”).
- The group of 7 finalists (sometimes called “runners-up”) will be required to partake the reporting and interview process, the outcome of which will be feature articles covering each finalist and their work.
- The group of 3 winners will be required to partake in the reporting, interview, and filming process, the outcome of which will be mini-documentaries covering each winner and their work.
- The 1 grand prize winner will be awarded $25,000 to help further his or her work. The second place winner will be awarded $15,000 and the third place winner will be awared $10,000 to help further their respective work.
- The group of 3 winners may be required to partake in follow-up interviews in 2018 to discuss how the grant has affected their respective work.
- In connection with the Be a Vehicle of Change program, Toyota has engaged NationSwell as a paid service provider.