Last Updated: February 22, 2019
- the types of information we collect through our Services;
- how we use and protect that information;
- the types of information we may share with others and under what circumstances; and
- the choices you have regarding our collection, use, and sharing practices.
We may collect additional data about you if you register to become a member, and may use that data in ways in addition to what is described below. Please see the NationSwell Council Membership Agreement for more further details.
For questions about our privacy practices, contact us at [email protected].
What Do We Collect?
Information You Give Us: Some of the Services may include features or services that permit you to enter contact information and other information about you. We collect and store any information you enter on our Services. This includes:
- Information you provide by filling in forms when using our Services.
- Email address information when subscribing to our email bulletins.
- Information you provide when you register for or attend one of our events.
- Any information or data you provide by commenting on content posted on our Services. Please note that these comments are also visible to other users of our Services.
- Information you provide when you apply for a job with our organization or through our Services.
- Information you provide when you interact with us via social media, including any posts, pictures, videos and messages which you submit to us either via our social media accounts on other sites (including by use of hashtags associated with us) or directly on our Services.
- Information you provide when you complete a survey administered by us or a service provider acting on our behalf.
- Information you provide when you participate in a contest or sweepstakes that we offer.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and any contact information provided.
- Information you provide to us in any other way.
Information We Collect Automatically: When you interact with the Services, certain information about your use of our Services is automatically collected. Much of this information is collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, as well as through your web browser or device. This includes:
- Details of your visits to our Services and information generated in the course of the use our Services including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the resources that you access, the timing, frequency and pattern of service use, and how you reached our Services.
- Details regarding the device you use to access our Services, including, but not limited to, your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- Information about how you interact with our newsletters, including whether you open or click links in any correspondence.
- Information that you make available to us on a social media platform (such as by clicking on a social media icon linked to from our Services) including your account ID or username and other information included in your posts.
Why Do We Collect This Information And How Do We Use It?
We may use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To further our goal of creating a membership community of service-minded leaders, including to provide means for individuals to connect and communicate, to plan and host events that bring community members together, and ti identify other individuals who may wish to join the community.
- To enable you to utilize features on our Services, including to display your messages/captions, photos and/or videos (which may include “likes,” comments or other reactions to such messages/captions, photos and/or videos) on our Services.
- To enable us to interact with you, including to send you direct marketing communications if you consented to us doing so.
- To run contents and sweepstakes that you have entered or participated in.
- To provide you with the best service and improve and grow our business, including understanding our customer base and purchasing trends, understanding the effectiveness of our marketing, and tailoring advertising to you.
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal, and to comply with legal requirements regarding the provision of products and services.
Who Do We Share Information With?
Service Providers. We engage third party service providers to perform functions on our behalf such as: payment processing, marketing automation, website, software, and data storage, analytics, and conducting customer surveys.
Third Parties Involved in Advertising. We engage third parties to assist us in serving advertising regarding the Services to others who may be interested in the Services. We may share de-identified or aggregated information about you to enable the third parties to identify these individuals.
Social Media Platforms. Where you choose to interact with us through social media, your interaction with social media providers typically allows that third party platform to collect some information about you through cookies they place on your device and other tracking mechanisms. In some cases, that third party social media platform may recognize you through its cookies even when you do not interact with their application(s). Please visit those third parties’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and controls they make available to you.
Business Partners. We may provide events, content, or other features on our Services in partnership with business partners. When we do this, we share general, aggregate or de-identified information about the users that interact with these events, content, or other features with the third-party business partner. We may also share your contact information with business partners who work with us to host events.
Additional Information About our Data Collection and Sharing Practices
Sharing of Aggregated Data. We collect and analyze aggregated, de-identified data and share this data and our analyses at our discretion, including with third party marketing agencies, media agencies and analytics providers.
Cross-Border Transfer of Data. If you use our Services outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store information about you or that you provide to us in the United States and other countries. The laws in the United States regarding this information may be different from the laws of your state or country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law. By using the Services, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of this information.
Your Options and Rights
Our Email Bulletins: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email bulletin, or email us at [email protected] with the subject letter “unsubscribe” and we will promptly remove you from such email distribution lists. Please note that you may not opt-out of receiving notifications and other communications regarding your account or your transactions with us.
Cookies and other automatic information gathering technologies: Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of the Services may not be available, work, or work as designed.
You may be able to opt out of or block tracking by interacting directly with the third-parties who conduct tracking through our Services. Please see below for more information.
Advertising: You can learn more about ad serving companies and the options available to limit their collection and use of your information by visiting the websites for the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Initiative. Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt-out of mobile app tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings and by resetting the advertiser ID on your Apple or Android device.
Please note that opting-out of advertising networks services does not mean that you will not receive advertising while using our Services or on other websites, nor will it prevent the receipt of interest-based advertising from third parties that do not participate in these programs. It will, however, exclude you from interest-based advertising conducted through participating networks, as provided by their policies and choice mechanisms. If you delete your cookies, you may also delete your opt-out preferences.
How We Secure the Information We Collect From or About You
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect through the Services. While we use these precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
Our Practices Regarding Information Belonging to Children
The Services are intended for users age thirteen and older. Please do not create an account if you are under the age of 13. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected personal information from anyone younger than the age of 13, we will delete that information.
Additional Information About Our Use of Tracking Technologies
- Site Operations: Enabling features that are necessary for providing you the content and features on out Services, such as identifying you as being signed in, tracking content views so that we can pay the content owners, and remembering your preferences.
- Analytics: Allowing us to understand how our Services are being used, track site performance and make improvements.
- Personalized Advertising: Delivering tailored advertising based on your preferences or interests across our Services and through different devices and measuring the effectiveness of our advertisements.
- Social Media: Enabling the sharing of content from our Services through social media networks and other sites.
Below is a list of partners we use for these purposes with links to more information on their use of your data and how to exercise your options regarding tracking:
|How Google users information from sites or apps that use our services
|Personalized Advertising, Social Media