NationSwell is a social impact company that provides purpose-driven leaders and organizations with the support they need to take their impact to the next level. We are looking for up to six young leaders — aged 18-27 years old, from across the country — each of whom are leaders in making change on social or environmental issues, passionate about the causes they advocate for, and seeking support to grow their network and knowledge of the impact sector. The leaders selected will be the inaugural NationSwell Fellows.
You will have the opportunity to participate in the launch of the program alongside five other young leaders, creating a community that is working together to build their skills, gain insights and experience, and access a robust network of expert change-makers connected to NationSwell. Programming will be tailored to the needs of the cohort, this means you will have an opportunity to help build and inform an experience that matters to you including:
- – Access to potential mentors in relevant areas and issue-based digital events to meet other leaders.
- – Customized programming and events on relevant topics relevant to you
- – Exposure to impact projects that NationSwell is actively working on
- – The opportunity for strategy, creative and/or connections support from NationSwell ecosystem for projects you are working on.
A Program Lead on the NationSwell team will serve as a manager of the program.. Candidates must be willing to commit 1-2 hours per week to participate and inform programming. Each Fellow will receive $1,000 as an honorarium, to make participation in the pilot program possible.
The pilot program will launch in October 2022 and run through June 2023. Applications are due by August 26, 2022. Candidates will be contacted in late September with NationSwell’s decisions.
Most Fellowship experiences will be virtual so we encourage candidates to apply from all over the United States. If there is an in-person event, NationSwell will cover travel and accommodation costs.
Our design principles
- NOTHING ABOUT ME WITHOUT MEInvolve young people in the design and development
- GENUINE EMPOWERMENTProvide young people with authentic value: a platform for amplification and equal voice in the conversation
- EARN TRUSTPrioritize consistency and transparency of the experience, follow through on promises, compensate Fellows for their time & contributions
- MEET THEM WHERE THEY AREConsider young leader’s demands, time constraints, and comfort levels, centering the experience around their needs
- EMBRACE INTERSECTIONALITYCreate ways for young leaders to reach across age, sector, geographic and experiential divides, surfacing the interconnected nature of work across issues areas
- CENTER JOY AND MINDFULNESSProvide young people opportunities to have intentional breaks from the relentless work they do and invite moments of peace and reflection
- DEIB AT THE COREBuild a space that is radically inclusive and accessible to youth from all walks of life, avoiding exclusion and creating a space accepting to all experiences and backgrounds
Do you know a young impact leader looking for an opportunity to expand their network and deepen their influence? Use the link above to nominate a fellow or share this page with young leaders you know would thrive in a program like this!