NationSwell is a social impact media company, storytelling platform and membership network with a mission to elevate the solutions to America's greatest challenges. Since we launched three years ago, we've told stories and driven impact to more than 1,000 innovators, watched our stories reach over 36M views per month, grown our membership Council to nearly 600 of the country's most prominent leaders from various fields and launched powerful impact campaigns with like-minded organizations.
We love serving our country, story subjects, Council members, and we love our staff, too! We show it with very competitive salaries, a flexible and remote working environment, an amazing culture, and a strong dedication to our mission.
We're currently hiring for a number of positions:
- Council Manager (Bay Area, Full-Time)
- Membership Coordinator (NYC, Part-Time)
- Membership Growth Director (NYC, Full-Time)
- Operations Director (NYC, Full-Time)
- Partnerships Director (NYC, Full-Time)
- Pitch A Story (Contributors)
MEMBERSHIP COORDINATOR (NYC, PART-TIME)
NationSwell is seeking a Membership Coordinator to help grow the NationSwell Council of members.
• Researching and identifying prospective members
• Sending outreach emails and conducting follow-up
• Managing prospect pipeline
• Scheduling calls between NationSwell staff and prospects
• Detail oriented and highly organized
• Strong researcher and writer
To apply, email your resume + cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: "Membership Coordinator Application – [Your name]"
MEMBERSHIP GROWTH DIRECTOR (NYC, FULL-TIME)
What You’ll Do:
NationSwell’s Membership Growth team is responsible for growing the NationSwell Council, a diverse community of influencers and accomplished professionals who are passionate about service. NationSwell Council members have access to meetings with America’s leading problem-solvers, Jeffersonian style dinners to unpack and advance solutions, a range of networking opportunities, and opportunities for direct service and impact.
NationSwell is seeking a Membership Growth Director who is thrilled at the prospect of driving individual sales while also building and growing a world-class membership sales team. This role will report directly to the VP, Strategy & Partnerships. The ideal candidate has a passion for the pitch, has 5-8 years of direct sales experience and has designed, built and managed a high-performing sales team at a startup.
• Manage a team of membership sales managers across channels (cold, referrals, inbound) to deliver upon monthly, quarterly and annual member targets, while also delivering on individual sales targets.
• Work with the VP to refine our sales strategy, processes, analytics and metrics to achieve ambitious goals while ensuring consistency and efficiency across sales channels.
• Lead by example by contributing to member growth goals and achieving individual targets.
• Develop new ideas to fuel member growth and see them through to success.
• Develop sales materials and communications that most effectively convey the NationSwell Council.
• Provide rigorous sales training and conduct frequent sales feedback huddles to develop the sales team to be best-in-class.
• Mentor the sales team while creating an exciting, fast-paced environment where people are inspired and learning every day.
• Work with NationSwell Council team to ensure sales messaging is always aligned with product and community offering.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• 5-8 years experience in sales.
• 3+ years experience building and managing a sales team.
• History as a top-performer (both as an individual contributor and sales manager) throughout your career.
• Experience at a startup/growth-company strongly preferred.
• Heavy analytical mindset with experience utilizing CRMs such as Salesforce to analyze data and develop insights for optimizations.
• Bonus for fluency in membership sales or community-based sales.
• Well regarded in the marketplace with a network of contacts among relevant potential partners.
To apply, email your resume + cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: "Membership Growth Director – [Your name]"
Base annual salary is highly competitive. We offer great benefits modeled after B Corp assessment standards, including the opportunity for employees to work remotely for part of the week.
PITCH A STORY
We seek to publish original stories of the highest quality and journalistic rigor that move readers to act. As a fully digital editorial team hailing from TIME, New York Magazine, and POLITICO, we constantly seek out new ways to tell good stories. We want to work with talented writers who are passionate about shining a brighter spotlight on the problem-solvers. For feature-length pieces (800-1,400 words), we offer up to $600. For shorter pieces, we offer up to $300. Please send story ideas to email@example.com with a subject line that summarizes your story.