ANNOUNCING CONTEST WINNERS
NationSwell and Toyota teamed up again to find 10 innovators who are rejecting old rules, creating change and protecting the planet.
After reviewing hundreds of nominations, we are excited to share the winners of the 2019 Be a Vehicle of Change contest.
- First Place Prize Winner: Sam Goldman, D.light
- Second Place Prize Winner: Patricia Compas-Markman, DayOne Response
- Third Place Prize Winner: Priyanka Bakaya, Renewlogy
Sam, Patricia, and Priyanka will all receive a monetary grant to do more good, along with a video produced by NationSwell highlighting their work.
- Nicole Chavas, Greenprint Partners
- Brandi DeCarli, Farm from a Box
- Steph Spiers, Solstice
- Chelsea Briganti, LOLIWARE
- Zach Knight, Blue Forest Conservation
- Jessica Matthews, Unchartered Power
- Jennifer Grove, Repeat Roses
All runners-up will be featured in an article showcasing their work.
Vehicle of Change finalists will win:
Going Beyond Zero Impact
Toyota is committed to realizing sustainable development together with society, and to do that, they’ve created the Environmental Challenge 2050. By 2050, Toyota has pledged to go beyond a zero environmental impact and achieve a net positive impact—and they have set six initiatives to get them there.
Toyota has also developed their very own Vehicle of Change, the Mirai. It’s one of the world’s first mass-produced, hydrogen fuel cell electric vehicles. It competes with traditional cars—but uses no gasoline. Instead, the Mirai creates electricity on demand and emits nothing but water vapor. Learn more about how hydrogen could help change the future of mobility.